Friday 17 March 2017

February 24th - March 14th

Having not posted for some time I feel it is time for a catch up..

On the 24th of Feb, Lel and I headed down to London for a weekend there, to see a friend and to go out for dinner for her birthday, before heading over to Bristol to see my homeopathic oncologist. London was good, busy but we had a good wander around and I managed not to be too tired for most of it. We went to the Moomin museum which was incredible, had a wander round Hyde Park in the sunshine, twice as well as visiting Liberty which I have wanted to do for a long long time. (Lel treated me there and bought me a lovely scarf too..) Dinner for my friend's 40th was also good however I found it hard staying awake so late and being sociable!! It was a good fun break away. Whilst not the usual birthday break that we had for Lel, it was still nice to be back doing 'normal life' things.

On the 26th of Feb we headed over to Bristol. Having stayed in a rather posh hotel in London, we decided to stay in the traveloge near the centre of Bristol in order to save a bit of money and be practical for the town and walking out and about. Whilst there, we visited the SS Great Britain as well as wandering round the old part of the city - St Nicholas Market which was lovely and did a bit of shopping. On the 28th we saw my homeopathic oncologist for a follow up check which all went well. 

I took the rest of the week off as I knew I would be tired following the busyness of the weekend away. I was very glad that I did as I really felt it after walking around and getting trains late at night, as well as waiting around in stations for long periods of time (I'm terrible at booking the cheap trains, as well as panicking that we would be late for them so I always book late ones).

On the week of the 6th of March I was back at work, working my first week of 4 days and doing 5 hours a day. I had also been told that I had to be back out onto the shop floor. Whilst I was away, a keyboard and mouse had been ordered for me. The keyboard was exactly what I had asked for, however the mouse didn't work so I spent a while trying to sort all of this out.

Being on the shop floor was useful I could see who needed help or support when on a call and could assist with reviewing work. I did this for the first week every day and caught up with various members of staff, as well as a few more specific supervisions that people asked me to do.

The following week, commencing the 13th of March I was only in work for 2 days. Due to training events happening the following week I would be moved to another desk, to try to keep me safer from infections. Whilst I had been told that I had to be with my team initially, the new desk is at the complete opposite side of the room however I can still see my team from there. It is a little frustrating how the ground rules shift whenever work see fit for this but when I ask for some leeway, then it is difficult to get.

For the first couple of days, as the previous week, I helped with reviewing, advising staff and doing some compulsory on-line training.

1 comment:

  1. You have a good point here!I totally agree with what you have said!!Thanks for sharing your views...hope more people will read this article!!!
    cheap european train travel

    ReplyDelete