Tuesday 19 December 2017

July to now...

I have just been made aware that some people have wondered where I was as I haven't posted since last July, and were wondering whether I was ok or not.

I have been back at work full time since then and am working 5 days a week, 8 hours a day - either doing 9-5 or 12-8 and every 6th weekend so have been struggling to find the time to write, I have also been in a different place to where I was when this all started and haven't felt the need to write.

I finished chemotherapy in September thank goodness, it wasn't fun at all but it's over now. I've had 2 MRI scans recently, both of these have shown a small amount of tumour that is visible but no longer measurable which is brilliant given that there was about 2 cubic cm left in there that was wrapped around a vein.

My oncologist said very early on that the radiotherapy and chemotherapy would not get rid of the tumour, simply delay any regrowth therefore I believe that it must be something to do with everything else that I have been doing - between the juicing, diet change, supplements, CBD oil, exercise and keeping mentally active, something has clearly worked. I also have been trying to avoid stress however that's far easier said than done in real life!

We have been on holiday to Cyprus for a lovely week away where we both relaxed, enjoyed the sunshine and re-charged our batteries in the sunshine and are now getting ready for Christmas.

For everyone who has read my blog and followed me through this difficult time, thank you all for your positive thoughts and kind wishes.

I wish you all good health and happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment