Friday 10 February 2017

December 11th - December 18th

Late in the evening after Lel and I had had our weekly bath, mum and dad arrived. I had an appointment at 12pm on Monday the 12th with Patricia P in Chesterfield therefore we needed to set off by 9:30 or so to get down in time. I was late in as Patricia’s earlier appointment over-ran. She was brilliant, asked me how I was, for a brief history of what had gone on and what I was doing to support my recovery. I showed her my scans, she said she had never seen a brain protect itself so well from injury with a tumour in there, she was also surprised that I had been fully well before, given the size of it.  She took a full list of the supplements I was taking, as well as discussing the HBOT that I am having, the infra-red sauna and that I am wanting to refuse chemotherapy if at all possible. I am of the belief that my tumour is shrinking and, as she said, if I can’t shrink it with my diet, supplements and lifestyle then no one else can and she may as well quit her job!!  This gave me even more faith that I am doing things right. She advised me to stop eating grapefruit as this can stop supplements working, as well as suggesting an additional supplement - LDN - that is reported to assist with kill cells that assist the body in getting rid of tumours. She advised me to discuss this with either my GP or homeopath as Sue D is a GP homeopath who could prescribe this for me. I left feeling brilliant, that I am doing things right and that I am heading in the right direction. I mentioned to her the ‘melt downs’ I had had and she described them as the pressure cooker going off and stated that this was a good thing, and definitely not to worry about them!

Mum and dad were around for the rest of the week to assist with lifts too and from oxygen, as well as taking me to see Sue on Thursday. From early on, both Em and mum had been on about mistletoe (Iscador) as a treatment for brain tumours and mum this week was like a dog with a bone saying that Sue D should be prescribing it to me as ‘The Bristol Homeopathic Hospital’ say you should have it. She was going as far as saying she would come in to Sue D to have that discussion with her before I came in. As I said to her, I felt it would be very rude to say ‘my sister who is a homeopath says that I need this too’.  I was planning on mentioning to Sue D that Patricia had suggested a prescription only med that she could prescribe, as well as saying that I had read about Iscador to try and bring it up that way. 

Tuesday I headed over the DJ’s to see the new house, as well as stripping wallpaper off - it’s definitely a project, him and Amy are far braver than I ever would be, good luck to them both.

I had decided to do a Liver Cleanse on Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday as Chris Woolhams recommends this highly to clear out gall stones. During the week we bought Epsom Salts as required and on Thursday I started it.  A juice in the morning prior to going for oxygen, then one on the way to Sue D’s for my appointment. 

Sue D was lovely as always, we had a full catch up as she had not seen me since the week before I started radiotherapy. She was very impressed that I had not had any symptoms through it, took a list of the supplements that I could remember, discussed how I was feeling, my diet and what Patricia had suggested - we discussed Low Dose Naltrexone, strangely she had just got a book on it - and she said that she would read up on it and speak with a doctor in Glasgow who knows a lot about it. I mentioned that I had read about Iscador, she told me that there is an issue with the current UK supplier but that she had considered both as part of my on-going treatment. I love the way that Sue works, she doesn’t throw everything at you in one session, first time she provided me with a remedy on a deep level as well as talking about the banerji principles, second time we discussed diet and remedies to help with radiotherapy, this time we looked at the next step for my supportive treatment. She advised me how to speak with my oncologist and the questions to ask her on an intellectual as opposed to an emotive level and re-itterated that I am doing amazingly well and she is blown away by how well I have come through it all. I showed her my scans and she was even more surprised that I had had no symptoms prior to it, and how well I looked, how well I am emotionally. She also agreed that I need to let steam off as it I may be acting strong to help everyone else and that I need to look after myself. She therefore said that she would send me a couple of remedies to help me with going back to work and balancing my emotions. She will be sorting the Iscador and LDN after Christmas as my next step. I was starting with a rash on my face by this time and was unsure what it was but it wasn’t too painful. I mentioned this to Sue D and she suggested various remedies to try and settle it down.

On getting back home, I had 2 cups of epsom salt flavoured water - not to be recommended to any sane person. My excitement for the evening was grapefruit juice and olive oil mixed together, delightful. Mum and dad headed back home for the weekend in the knowledge they would see us at Christmas. The grapefruit and oil was lovely in comparison to the Epsom salts however, at around 11pm I woke feeling very sick. After a quick visit to the bathroom I went back to sleep, waking at 5.30 or so with an urgent need. Around 7 I took the first of my next Epsom shots, having the last one at 10. The salts had the desired effect and for the rest of the day I was up and down to the loo around 15 times. I didn’t eat until 2 when I had a juice, this went straight through me and out the other side. In the evening at dinner time I had a jacket and salad which stayed put! Next morning there were a couple more trips to the loo but it was pretty much sorted and my energy levels were really high. I felt cleaned out and amazing.


We headed to the Trafford Centre to finish Christmas shopping on the Saturday and I was almost fine. I felt brilliant, the cleanse definitely did something other than just make me poop! Shopping finished, we went back home for the evening and had burger and a potato again. The Sunday was a quiet day, I was due back at work the following week so we decided to have a quiet one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment