Saturday 11 February 2017

January 18th - January 27th

On the evening of Wednesday the 18th, we sent an email to Dr T telling her that after the discussion with Liz, I had changed my mind and I would be going ahead with PCV. I felt I had to put a bit of a bit of a dig in there about changing my mind having had a good discussion with someone who listened to me, so she didn’t think that it was just due to her. It might be petty, but for me, I felt I had to put it in there! Lel got an email back from Dr T asking inviting me to start chemo on the 1st of Feb and that’s where we’re at now. 

During the day of Friday (20th) my infrared sauna arrived so I set it up in the loft and tried it our during the day, Lel went in it when she got home from work and agreed that it was fabulous. 

On Saturday (21st) we took the dogs to the vets not using the motor ways, this was a long and protracted drive, made even more so by the fact that I took us to the wrong surgery (doh). I calmed myself down and we got to the right one in a decent time. We had decided that we would go to mum and dad’s for the evening and stay overnight so headed over. We got there - 5ish then headed out to Pizza Express for dinner. It was lovely being out with them. Mum is clearly very nervous of my chemotherapy and I spoke with dad to suggest he look at some information on it so he can talk her down when she starts to get agitated, I also suggested she might want to see Jackie soon to help her. We headed home on the Sunday, after mum had emptied her fridge for us so as to stop us needing to shop the minute we got in, bless her!

The week at work was uneventful, I was continuing with the WFM/rota work however it had started to frustrate me too much so I contacted someone for some more help, I was also doing some duty work, reviewing and completing call audits so felt to be getting back into the swing of things. I did notice though when someone asked for advice that I struggled to focus on what they were saying. I know i will get back into it with practice. We also have a shift review that the results were published from - good news, no more nights, this can only help me get back to my job fully sooner than I previously thought. I decided to book the 1st-10th off to allow myself time at home to be protected whilst on this first chemo cycle and to avoid the germs office, as Denise says, since I’m not doing full duty work, I can be off whenever at present, no issues. I have also booked off the says when we are in Bristol, I still have 7 days leave left so may use some of these for my next cycle, will see how this one goes.

So, I thought I would be good and try and put an extra Liver Flush in before I started PCV so yesterday (26th) I fasted and having got back from work, took the epsom salts as required, then at 9 had the grapefruit and olive oil. At 11 I woke to profuse vomiting which lasted for around 20 minutes. I went back to sleep until 2am. At the point of going to bed, I knew I might have an interesting night, as well as Lel not feeling brilliant so had chosen to go in the back room. I went to the loo at 2.30 and then sadly didn’t get back to sleep.  When Lel got up I got up with her. I figured having thrown up most of the grapefruit then the flush wouldn’t have worked so not to do the 2nd day of it. As it stands it’s worked a little but no where near as much as last time!! 3 episodes and that’s all

I am now (27th Jan) on LDN, Iscador as well as my supplements, have looked at a presentation from Patricia P on chemotherapy for Brain Tumours therefore have modified my supplements to support me the best I can, as well as now thinking of PCV as another supplement to that will work alongside everything I’m taking, as well as everything I’m taking supporting PCV. By seeing it in this light, I feel ok about it. None of my other supplements have made me ill so there is no reason why this one will either.


We have also, this morning decided to go to a spa this weekend as I’m not going to be allowed near any for a bit due to infection risk. We may as well go and have a good relax, as we both particularly love Coniston Spa but it’s too far away just to go for tomorrow so have found a place nearer here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment